“Reading Specialist Teacher” is a part-time or full-time role for a highly motivated, mission-minded, certified educator. Cookson Hills Christian School operates year round with a balanced school calendar and is a vital part of the overall ministry of Cookson Hills. All Cookson Hills teachers work together as a team whose goal is to educate students academically, spiritually, and socially in a trauma-informed environment. The ideal candidate will work alongside houseparents, social workers, and other team members to ensure Cookson Hills is providing the holistic opportunity each student needs for a well-rounded future.
Learn more about our philosophy of education HERE.
Reading Specialist Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education, Special education, or related content area from a four-year college or University
• Have or are able to obtain ACSI Certification
• Self-motivated, high energy, organized and flexible
• Ready, willing, and able to make a difference in the lives of students
• Willingness to grow personally and professionally
• Ability to adapt and work in a trauma-informed educational environment